"More people should receive this training"
"The delivery and course content was fantastic"
"Inclusive welcoming atmosphere"
Shakti’s regular training in the Norton Park Conference Centre (Edinburgh) runs over a day & a half, and is open to all statutory & voluntary staff, community workers and interested individuals. Our outside training sessions are normally a full day.
"Domestic Abuse and BME Women, CHildren & Young People"
- The definitions of domestic abuse in Scotland
- How domestic abuse affects women and their families from Black / Minority Ethnic (BME) communities
- How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
- The varying understanding of the concept of ‘Honour’ and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse
- Forced marriage and connected issues
- Immigration issues such as women with ‘No Recourse to Public Funds’ status
- Structures and policies existing in Scotland & UK
Edinburgh Training Dates:
10th (9.30-4.30pm) & 11th (9.30-12.30pm) September 2014
8th (9.30-4.30pm) & 9th (9.30-12.30pm) October 2014
6th (9.30-4.30pm) & 7th (9.30-12.30pm) November 2014
3rd (9.30-4.30pm) & 4th (9.30-12.30pm) December 2014
For more information click here to download the training poster
Click here to download a registration form (PDF format)
Click here to download a registration form (Word format)
Currently no events